Why not the 58700, which is salpinectomy, complete or partial, unilateral or bilateral (separate procedure)?
And I am not completely sure about with this particular surgery, but what I was taught is that lysis of adhesions are usually incidental to the primary procedure and are not coded separately unless there was a significant amount of time spent on it, or it was the only reason for the surgery. But in this case, since the salpingectomy is a (separate procedure), you may be able to use both the 58700 and the 58740. This part I am not completely sure of so maybe someone else in this forum may have the right answer for this part. Good luck
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join