You might look at the late effects codes. 906.X. From what you have shown the trauma happened "a month ago". Is it an open wound? If so, you might need to code from the open wound w/complication section and then the late effects code. I suppose if the wound is open because of surgery then the post-op code would be more appropriate but if the wound is open because of the trauma then the scenario I just mentioned would be more appropriate. Maybe someone else has a better suggestion for you. Good Luck!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join