If he is removing the pin IN THE OFFICE during the global period, the pin removal is not billable. Also, he shouldn't be billing 99204 - that's a new pt code. If he's done sx, the pt can't be new. If the pin removal is being done in a facillity & not the office then it is billable, and the modifier depends. If there's a complication that necessitates the removal, then mod 78. But if a planned pin removal, then mod 58. I'm pretty sure you can bill for the splint.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join