yes. since the note states the docot moved into the transverse colon which is past the splenic flexure. You could, I guess, use a 52 modifier.....but I wouldn't see the need.
"45378 Colonoscopy, flexible, proximal to splenic flexure; diagnostic, with or without collection of specimen(s)....."
cpt 2010 professional edition
"a colonoscope is inserted in the anus and move through the the colon past the splenic flexure in order to visualize the lumen of the rectum and colon."
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join