Hello out there, I hope that someone can direct me to find this answer. :0)
I received this email from one of our Nephrologists:
We've had several patients with significant ulcerations that are 2 to 5mm. He has done a elliptical incision and excise the necrotic skin and it's surrounding tissue, undercut the skin to free it up, repaired the hole in the vessel and then brought together and closed the skin over it. This has been working quite well.
In addition he has been doing aneurysm reductions in dysfunctional fistulas. In looking at the coding books I do not see appropriate codes for either of these. How should we code this?
Thanks to anyone who can help!!!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join