AAPC - Back to school

Thread: CPC looking for Remote Coding or Travel is possible

Default CPC looking for Remote Coding or Travel is possible

AAPC: Back to School
    Holly K Densley, CPC
    2891 S. Berkshire Cir, Magna, UT 84044
    Mobile (801)-253-1361 ~ Home (801) 250-4038
    Email ~ hollydensley@hotmail.com

I am interested in Remote coding position or travel position is also a possibility.
    Seeking a Medical Coder position where I can utilize my extensive medical/coding knowledge, quality communications, patient services, organizational and computer knowledge.

Salt Lake Community College 2002 - 2003
    Advanced Medical Coding
    Attending yearly seminars and workshops to keep CPC certification
    South High School 1972 – 1975

Technical Skills
    Medical Terminology.
    ICD and CPT Coding.
    50 WPM.
    Multi Phone System.
    Medical Records
    Windows Operating System
    Trailblazer Coding Guidelines

Summary of Work Experience
    I have 34 years of work experience including but not limited too; General Office duties, Billing, Coding, Reservations, Customer Service, and Medical Records.

Employment History
    Granger Medical November 2003 - Present
    I assign appropriate ICD-9/E&M and CPT codes for Orthopedics, ENT, Urgent Care, Family Practice, Physiatry, Podiatry, and Internal Medicine. Other responsibilities included but not limited too;
    Conduct education classes for providers and Account Representatives on coding errors/updates to ensure compliance with federal guidelines.
    Continually work through insurance denials to identify root cause and resubmit for timely and proper payment of benefits.
    Run statistical reports of past surgery reports to collect historical coding data.
    Conduct New Hire training for all specialties and system requirements.
    Chart auditing for providers to ensure proper utilization of ICD-9 and CPT codes.

Aviacode March 2010- Present
    I assign appropriate ICD-9/E&M and CPT codes for Oncology

St. Marks Family Medicine February 2003 – November 2003
    Customer Service / Billing Clerk
    Assigned appropriate CPT codes for their school based clinic. Worked directly with patience, primary and secondary insurance companies to reconcile past dues and ensure timely payments from all parties. Entered EOB’s, printed HCFA’s and converted information from their old computer system to their new computer system.

Delta Airlines January 1998 – January 2001
    Reservation Agent
    My responsibilities included answering inbound calls to facilitate reservations for domestic and international flights. Collected money at time of reservation and researched complaints to ensure customer satisfaction. I was promoted to a Customer Service Representative.

Customer Service Representative
    My responsibilities included; researching, identifying and solving customers’ complaints and working the canceled flight queue. Trained new Customer Service Representatives along with helping other representatives solve complex issues.

Mountain Bell/US West September 1978 – July 1987
    Mechanized Time Reporter
    My responsibilities included; taking time and job numbers called in by foremen and entering them into the computer system. Trained and implemented time reporting system for engineer side of the company. I was promoted to Regional Budgeter Assistant.

Regional Budgeter Assistant
    My responsibilities included; running, pulling and filling reports and training of new assistants.

Computer Tape Clerk and Computer Attendant
    My responsibilities included; backed up all systems nightly to ensure no corruption of data. Pulling magnetic tapes from the mainframe and filled in library in chronological order.

Byrner Clinic June 1975 – August 1978
    Records Clerks
    My responsibilities included; gathering, filling and pulling medical charts.

My responsibilities included; taking appointments for five physicians, checking in patients and answering phones. Labeled Pap smear container and delivered to the hospital. I also performed general office duties along with main admitting and billing.

Explanation of gaps in work history
    January 2001 – February 2003
    Evaluated work history and mapped out career path for Medical Coding

July 1987 – January 1998
    Was fortunate to be a stay at home mom

References and Letters of Recommendations
    Available upon request.
    Last edited by Holly Densley; 04-21-2010 at 01:12 PM.