for the vaccine you would go to the need for prophylactic vaccination which will give you
V05.3 for viral hepatitis,
As far as the code for the lab test will depend on why the physician ordered it. If the patient has symptoms then use the symptoms if the patient has been exposed the use an exposure V01.7, if the are a carrier then use a carrier code V02.6x, If it is for screening then use a screening code V73.89. All are correct dx it depends on the physicians documentation.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join