Depends on the setting. In office? Then it would be New Patient E&M. In Hospital as Consult? Then hospital consult code. I worked for a Physician for awhile that would do "on-call" weeks for other physicians when they were on vacation...all single-provider private practices with no one to cover them. So we would have those patients come in the office and they were totally new patients to us. We ended up only seeing them one time, but it was legitimate "New Patient" office visits.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join