When I run those two codes through our scrubber I don't get any CCI edits. I have billed these together in the past too. Usually when I bill these two codes the MD performed a study of the bundle of His only (93600) (therefore not performing a full EP study) and then performs an AV Node ablation (93650). It makes sense that the doctor is doing these two procedures together because he is checking how the electrical impulses travel between the bundle of His and the AV node which is carries electrical impulses from the atrium down the ventricular septum into the ventricles so that they contract.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join