36216 (RT Common Carotid)
36215 -59 (LT Common Carotid)
36215-59 (LT Subclavian) or 36216-59 (if Lt Vertebral is selected)
75680 (for Bilateral Cervical Carotids assuming an interpretation of the images)
75671 (for Bilateral Intracranial Carotids, assuming interpretation """)
75710 (for Left Subclavian, assuming interpretation "")
However, if Left Subclavian was imaged to read the Left Vertebral then
75685 should be coded instead.
Also, if Lt Subclavian image was to guide the catheter into the Left Vertebral, then more images taken and interpreted, then the Lt Subclavian images are for guidance or roadmapping and should not be billed. Code instead 36216 for the Lt Vertebral catheter placement and drop the Lt Subclavian Catheter placement code 36215. Again, code 75685 for the Lt Vertebral and do not code the 75710 for the Lt Subclavian.
For a Bovine Arch the catheter placement codes for the carotids should be
36218 (LT since they are now part of the same vascular family)
all other codes are the same as above.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join