In the Coders' Desk Reference for Procedures it reads:
"The physician or technician repairs or refits a pair of spectacles. Adjustments may be made to the ear or nosepieces or plastic frames may be heated and bent to better fit the patient, who has natural or artificial intraocular lenses. Report 92370 if the patient is not aphakic and 92371 if the patient is aphakic."
Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary - Edition 20
Aphakic- Absence of the crystal-line lens of the eye.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join