(These are my opinions and should not be construed as being the final authority. Other opinions may vary.)
62290/62291/72285/72295 for ASCs are Medicare 'N1' codes and are not reimbursable by Medicare, and should be billed with a GY modifier. You should probably reassess whether to do these for Medicare patients, since you do them for free in an ASC. Google 'NCCI edits' and you will be on your way to finding the CMS zipped downloads. Also google 'Final ASC Covered Surgical Procedures for CY 2010' to find your way to CMS zipped downloads for ASC covered services.
Richard Mann, your pain management coder
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join