Is there a specified time frame in which the aftercare code, V58.x, would be used as oppossed to the follow up examination code, V67?
Two examples; #1-Patient comes in 2 days postop myringotomy tube placement; What is the first listed dx, and do you still code the reason for the placement?
#2-Patient comes in 2 yrs after the myringotomy tube placement, for routine check; no symtoms of the originating condition which necessitated the tubes
How would these be coded?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join