If you're talking about 96360-96361 and 96365 follow this:
If the Saline and the IV Drug Infusion are running at the same time, you subtract the time of the Drug Infusion 96365 from the Saline 96360-96361.
Saline Started (4:00)
Saline Stopped (7:00)
Drug Infusion Started (5:00)
Drug Infusion Stopped (6:00)
The codes would be: 96361x2 & 96365
Of course the Drug Infusion is the initial over the Hydration.
If times do not coincide with one another they can be counted separately again the Drug Infusion is the initial over the hydration.
Hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join