AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Billing Digital Mammograms

Default Billing Digital Mammograms

AAPC: Back to School
    Good day everyone,

Our office may be performing digital mammograms screenings w/CAD on a day when our radiologist is not present in the office. On the premises will be one of our Family Practice or Internal Medicine Physicians serving as the direct supervising physician(s). The screenings will be read upon the return of the radiologist. My question is how would we bill for these services? Would we bill the technical compenent on the day of the service and the professional portion the day it is read or would we bill globally for everything when the screening is read?

I know we would use G0202 & 77052, I'm just having issues with the dates of service and if I need to break the codes down into TC & 26 on two seperate lines. Help please.

Thank you

Red face NO modifiers

Hello, you would not break them down with TC and 26 modifiers, just bill as global for date of service the exam was done. Just G0202 and 77052 for the CAD.

Similar Threads

1. Billing for digital nerve blocks
    By chrissyr in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 05:02 PM
  2. Billing Multiple Digital Nerve Blocks
    By mgrimaldi in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 08:07 PM
  3. Digital Mammograms
    By wjune66 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 3