For the Cardiovascular exam this would count for Cardiovascular and Extremities, but not Musculoskeletal. According to the 97 guideliensExamination of "Extremieites for peripheral edema and/or varicosities" is one bullet under CV. Then "Inspection and palpation of digits and nails (e.g. clubbing, cyanosis, inflammation, petichiae, infections, Osler's nodes) is the only bullet required uner extremities.
There are three bullets listed for MS, "Examinationof the back with notation of kyphosis or scoliosis", "Examination of gait with notation of ability to undergo exercise testing and or/participation in exercise program", "Assessment of muscle strength and tone (e.g. flaccid, cog wheel, spastic) with notation of any atrophy and abnormal movements.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join