Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Pain management in an ASC

  1. #1
    Spring Hill
    Red face Pain management in an ASC
    Medical Coding Books
    I was wondering if someone could help me. I work in an ASC and we are having trouble billing for the fluoroscopic guidance in LESIs, CESIs, TESCIs, stimulators, pumps, etc. Can anyone please tell me which flouro code you use and the revenue code that you use? Thank you very much.

  2. #2
    The cpt code would be 77003 - but most insurance companies will not pay you for it. I believe the rev code is 320, but not 100% sure on that.

  3. #3
    Default Fluoroscopy
    Yes the code is 77003 and 320 revenue code.....Medicare will not pay for it considers it part of the ASC reimbursement, but some private carriers will pay, workman's companies, and liability insurance (auto) companies will pay. Even the TC modifier will not get it paid by Medicare, but be sure to use it with all these others... you should get some reimbursement.

    Barbara Porro RN, CPC

  4. #4
    I work for an ASC and I billed under revenue code 490 designated for Ambulatory Surgical Care.

  5. #5
    490 is the appropriate rev code for surgical procedures in an ASC but not for Fluoroscopy or x-rays codes.

  6. #6
    mbort, very interesting...can you direct me to a link to get additional information on the revenue code for fluroscopy, please

  7. #7
    Default pain mgmt
    I bill for an ASC also and we do pain managment also.
    I use 77003 for the cpt and the revenue code is 320, but these are not paid by many providers.....hope this helps.

  8. #8
    Here is the link you requested that will show you a few of the revenue codes.

  9. #9
    Thank you, very good information!!....

    Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I understand from the information provided:

    "For every(and I believe this will include a 77003 if performed) CPT code listed on the UB-04 claim form, the CPT code for procedure(s) performed should be listed with a 490 revenue code for ASC surgical procedures". I think the 320 is used by radiology providers. Anyway, we don't get paid just for auto or work comp.

    thanks again!!!

  10. #10
    no--77003 is a radiology code---therefore the 320 is the appropriate revenue code. Physicians/radiologists do not use revenue codes. Revenue codes are for facilities such as ASCs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ASC and physician post-op pain management
    By in forum Outpatient Facilities
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2013, 10:19 AM
  2. ASC pain management with surgery
    By dbrosnan in forum Outpatient Facilities
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-26-2012, 01:46 PM
  3. ASC/Pain Management
    By plex932 in forum Outpatient Facilities
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 07:12 AM
  4. Pain management, pain control
    By carlotta in forum Internal Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 03:42 PM
  5. evaluation and management at ASC
    By mhcpc in forum Outpatient Facilities
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 10:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Enjoying Our Forums?

AAPC forums are a benefit of membership. Joining AAPC grants you unlimited access, allowing you to post questions and participate with our community of over 150,000 professionals.

Join Now Continue Reading Without Full Access

Already a Member?


Close Message

In addition to full participation on AAPC forums, as a member you will be able to:

  • Access to the largest healthcare job database in the world.
  • Join over 150,000 members of the healthcare network in the world.
  • Be a part of an industry leading organization that drives the business side of healthcare.
  • Save anywhere from 10%-50% with exclusive member discounts on courses, books, study materials, and conferences.
  • Access to discounts at hundreds of restaurants, travel destinations, retail stores, and service providers. AAPC members also have opportunities to save on heath, life, and liability insurance.
  • Become a member of a local chapter and attend regular meetings.