For 76801 - we use a problem diagnosis because we do not routinely do screenings at less than 14 weeks unless a problem is suspected
For 76805 - we use V28.3 because a routine screening ultrasound should be performed around 18-20 weeks.
We use 76815 for an ultrasound looking at a specific problem
We use 76816 for the follow up to an identified problem
The AIUM has some good guidelines for obstetrical ultrasounds -
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join