They should be billable, but each carrier has their own policy on how they want this billed. UHC will pay for extra visits if the total exceeds 13 or 14 AND you have a complication dx, but our Aetna HMO contract states the patient must be enrolled in Aetna's High Risk Maternity Program, and then they reimburse a higher amount on the global OB code. I believe Anthem will pay for visits outside the usual routine time frame of 4 wk, 2 wk, then 1 wk, depending on the stage of pregnancy. These carrier policies may differ in your area.........Rebecca Hardin, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join