W/O looking at the report it is hard to see exactly what was done. I dont know if all these codes are correct.
If the heart cath and bilateral renal angiogram and renal stent placement was done the same day as the heart cath, add modifier 59 to the codes. 93555-26& 93556-26 should have modifier 59 if billed same session as 92980
Was 99223 billed same day as the procedures? Was it billed with modifier 25? Some payers may pay the E/M service but may withhold or reduce payment on a procedure code billed the same day. This may be the reason one of the codes did not get paid.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join