What is the appropriate dx to use for hearing testing pre or post test dx ?
you would use the diagnosis that they were originally diagnosed with as they are still being treated for that.
How would you code dx for patient's that come in for anual audio's when physician dx'd patient with sensorineural hearing loss a year ago and requested the patient return yearly for testing? same as question 1
How would you code dx for someone who needs a hearing test for hearing aids? why does the patient need hearing aids? what was the Diagnosis to the hearing test that led to the patient needing hearing aids?
How would you code dx when the patient's PCP just want them to have a hearing test as a baseline? never had that. does the patient have any abnormal auditory perception ?
How would you code dx when patient comes in for a hearing test after a failed hearing test elsewhere, as it is my understanding that the V codes should not be used as primary dx??? V. codes shouldnt be used as a primary Dx code but itis payable if a child has a failed hearing screening
Otolaryngology Coding Alert throught te Coding Institute has great information on Coding and Billing for Audios
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join