You have to be a doctor to be a surgeon. Not a nurse! When I use to code for neurosurgeons they would use modifier 80 for MDs and DOs. RN doesn't pose the necessary knowledge and qualifications as the assistant surgeon just because their present in the same room; if RNs were categorized as assistant surgeons I am sure MDs and DOs wouldnâ€™t have worked so hard to get their medical degree.
But then again in corporate coding anything could goâ€¦.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join