If you remove the 59 modifier, the service will be denied. CCI edits do allow cpt 95900 to be billed with 95903 if you apply the 59 modifier to 95900. CMS has indicated that they are monitoring the use of the 59 modifier because of the frequent use. However, if the documentation supports the different tests, then you should bill both codes. Be sure to verify the test report to be sure that the different tests were done.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join