I think the provider coded the first visit correct expect a modifier 25 is needed on the 99213. The CPT book states that if an abnormality is encountered in the process of performing a preventive medical examination and the problem is significant to require additional work then the approriate E&M should also be reported with modifer 25 added to indicate a signifcant & seperate E&M service.
Was the third visit on the same day as surgery? that is pre op then.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join