You are right, most insurances will not credential her and you can not bill her services to CMS at all in any way shape or form.
I have a document saved called the Surgical First Assistant Resource Guide. Try and find that online, it is very informative. I tried to attach it but it is too big. Below is info of the company that put it out there.
Association of Surgical Technologists, Inc.
7108 South Alton Way, Bldg C
Englewood, CO 80112
Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join