Use G0180 when certifying physician services for Medicare-covered services provided by a participating home health agency (where the patient is not present). This includes reviewing initial or subsequent reports of patient status, reviewing patient responses to an OASIS assessment, contacting the home health agency to ascertain the initial implementation of the care plan, and documentation in the patient's office record, per certification period.
Use G0179 when recertifying home health agency patients.
The initial certification code, G0180, must be used when patients have not received Medicare-covered home health services for at least 60 days. The recertification code, G0179, must be used when patients have received covered home health services for at least 60 days, and when the physician signs the certification after the initial certification.
This came from the ACP website.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join