(These are my opinions and should not be construed as being the final authority. Other opinions may vary.)
27091 is "Removal of hip prothesis" and would not be your code. You may have meant 27096, which is a SI joint injection, but this is not a 'neurotomy' code. What exactly did your physician do? Did he/she lesion the nerve, or inject something like alcohol to kill the nerve? If so, then you may be looking at Neurolysis codes, likely 64640. But, all of this is speculation because we have not seen the operative report.
Richard Mann, your pain management coder
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join