I work in OMS so we do a lot of mandibular fractures. In our practice, we use code 20694 for arch bar removal when code 21470 is used for repair. Unlike code 21110, 21470 does not include removal of arch bar. However, different insurances have different policies and you have to remember the global post-op period, but I can't recall having any difficulty getting this paid by any particular insurer (except maybe Medicaid, but that is a whole other story! ). I'd say give it a try. The silly thing has to come out anyway and maybe you can get a little extra money for doing it!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join