You'll need to check with your Medicare carrier to see exactly what information they need you to put in comments. We deal with two different carriers (Noridian for SD and WPS for Minnesota) and they each want something different. For example, Noridian wants "Compound Rx/size of vial, name/dosage of each drug separated by /, while WPS needs name, total dosage, strength, method of admin(i.e. intrathecal).
SD Medicaid requires the NDC number, as do most of our commercial carriers.
Medicare usually pays the refill/pump reprogramming, denies the J3490 for additional information, then we send them the invoice (for some reason they don't want it dropped to paper and the invoice sent in the first time - go figure).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join