I would bill the problem quoted as reason for the denial as the primary dx with V25.42 as secondary if you feel you need to use it. If the patient simply wants it removed to seek pregnancy then you would have to bill the V25.42 Be sure to get a waiver if the insurance billing rules require it, like Medicare or Medicaid so you can bill the patient if its a non-covered service. Does this help?:
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join