we have a similar situation with an organization, whom shall remain nameless....in March '08 the assessment test for ER coding was revised from 2006 to 2008....the inpatient assessment test has errors caught by more than 1 coder and has not been revised...the outpatient assessment isn't offered due to reduction in force....also the organization has computerized coding which is not correct most of the time (coding NS w/additives, using -24 with all post-op E/Ms relating to the surgery, using 1995 guideline software with 1997 coding tools, etc.)...pretty much I would favor bringing the errors to the attention of the HR Mgr and if there is no adequate f/u along with your ability to retest with an accurate assessment test, I would contact CMS regarding their coding practices (whistleblower)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join