Honestly, I think changing the trach is not a billable service and you are supposed to bill for the E/M visit performed that day instead. If the patient was actually brought to the OR for this and you really feel it warrants a charge greater than a subsequent hospital visit, you could bill for the bronchoscopy done at the same time (I assuming one was done at the same time).
That's my opinion without seeing the note anyway
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join