Was the place of service in the office? We have seen several codes denied because the procedure was performed in the office, not in an ASC. I have been trying to find something to clarify why the CRNA isn't being paid and the only clue I have found is where the procedure was considered to be a consious or moderate sedation level and that the payment to the surgeon was inclusive for the sedation. Apparently, there was no need for a separate person to administer or monitor the patient and could have been done by the performing surgeon.
The issue we are having is due to the use of deep sedation for procedures done in the office (POS 11) setting.
Can someone point me to a resource where this can be clarified?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join