Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Outcomes/The Coding Source

Default Outcomes/The Coding Source
    Medical Coding Books
    Hello,

I do HCC remote coding work for a company where the workload is less than satisfactory, so I have started to look for other employment of the same variety. I came across Outcomes and The Coding Source in these forums, and would like to know a little bit more about them (other than what is on their respective websites) before I spend time applying for positions. What have been your experiences, positive or negative, working with Outcomes or The Coding Source? What is the workload like? Is it project-based, or constant? Anything else anybody can tell me about Outcomes or The Coding Source would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Houndog528

Hello,

I worked for Outcomes, and it was a pretty good company,the work is not always 40 hrs, but their new season is getting ready to start and the work should go until March of next year, but I had no complaints working for them.

Danyel

I worked for TCS a few years ago. They do not guarantee 40 hrs/wk. Therefore, I spent a lot of unpaid time sitting in a hotel room away from home.
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

Thanks for the info. so far.

I read in these forums that Outcomes pays by the chart, not by the hour? Is this true? How much do they pay per chart? What about The Coding Source?

When I was with TCS it was per hour. Not sure about now, that was a few years ago.
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

Yes Outcomes does pay by the chart, it's if I can remember $5 per outpatient chart, which is what you get most of the time, $8 per inpatient chart, but the charts can be large, and it can take you all day to do 10 charts, but if they are small you can get through them pretty fast, and once you get the hang of the job it gets easier, it was good extra money to me.

7. Default
    Hello Danyel,

Would you mind passing on the website for Outcomes, along with any information for applying for work. I am looking for part-time remote coding work. Thank you in advance.

8. Wink Looking for remote work.
    I am a Hospitalist coder looking for part-time remote work. Curently, I work with an ER Physician Group. My specialties are inpatient/outpatient Emergency Medicine(physician component); E/M coding and auditing. I would appreciate recommendations on any companies offering remote coding assignments, please include wedsites and contact information if you have it readily available. I have applied to the Coding Source an few different times, can anyone tell me what their experience was working for them, also. Thank you in advance for your help.

9. Default
    Would you recommend TCS, for someone looking for part-time remote work? If so, would you mind passing on the information I would need to apply? Thank you in advance for your time and help.

To apply for Outcomes, just go to their website and apply, I can't remember what the actual position is called, but I believe it says remote coder or something along that line. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast