Hello judyt - the way we bill out for DOT/DMV physicals at our clinic is this: We supply an age appropriate preventive code (99391-99397 set) with the V70.3 diagnosis. Most, if not all, insurances won't pay on this and payment responsibility gets shifted to the patient - but since this is a required physical that some patient's must receive, our docs have set the price lower than a standard physical as a courtesy. We currently run the service @ $110.00 - I feel that this is the most correct way to code, and seems like a fair price considering the circumstances.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join