This is the guideline we use from CSI:
You should report exams of the sacrum and sacroiliac joints with a pelvis MRI code (72195-72197).
Because the study was “without contrast,” choose 72195 (Magnetic resonance [e.g., proton] imaging, pelvis; without contrast material[s]).
One pelvis code should cover both the sacrum and coccyx MRI.Does that help?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join