It is almost impossible to find anything as a CPC-A. I have had my cert as a CPC-A for a year now and have not found employment. Am being told that I need to be a CPC-P before I will even be considered for positions. Currently I am volunteering in a local chiropractic office to gain experience as a coder. Even after a year, I can submit letter and documentation to attempt to get my CPC-P status. I am hoping once this is done, opportunities will open up.
So check with local doctor's offices to see if you can volunteer and assist with coding & billing projects. This is a tough field to break into. Also, consider an xternship. I have looked into this and the closest one is over 2 hours away by public transportation which is not feasible. Good luck and keep on trying.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join