This is a weird one. Based on what's provided I would think about doing one of two things:
1. Since this sounds like it really ended up just being a drug study, 93623 can't be chosen since you didn't do a comprehensive EP study. But what I might try to swing instead is the unlisted procedure code 93799 and send with report.
2. If the MD described the intended procedure at the top of his report, and let's say his intension was to do a RV single site EP study only, maybe bill 93603-53 (PC)/ 74 (TC). I wouldn't bill 93612 in addition to 93603 in this case. If he planned to do a comp EP, 93620 - 53/74. Also, I would only feel comfortable doing this if the MD also described the insertion of his diagnostic EP catheter(s).
Tricky one, good luck. Maybe other suggestions out there?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join