We have been getting this type of denial quite often on hip and pelvis x-rays. They want you to bill 73520 which is one code for bilateral, however it is 2 views. We have had success in appeals, but it takes a long time. We have a form letter explaining why we need only one view or both hips. they are doing the same thing if we bill hip and pelvis x rays. They are wanting us to use only the plevis. Again we appeal with letter and it gets paid. Hope this helps you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join