the decision for surgery on both hands was already made at the first visit right? therefore u cannot bill it again.
she came for a post op visit and scheduled the second surgery? i dont see where it would be payable
the only thing i can think of is to add in the dr notes that though the patient had bilateral carpal tunnel the right was worse than the left and required surgery
on the note for the post op visit i would add that the patient made the decision to go ahead with surgery on the left
its all in how you word it
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join