It sounds like you're talking about doing the layered closure at the same time as the lesion excision, and in that case, I don't know why they would be wanting a -58, which is for use when the second procedure is performed in the post-op period of the first, ie on a different date. The only modifier that would generally apply on the same date, same lesion, is the -51. I think I would call them again and see if you get a different answer!
Connie Martin CPC-GENSG
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join