It is a HCPCS modifier for "Service provided as part of family planning program". The codes it is valid for are:Modifier Codes - Modifier: FP
A4261 Cervical cap for contraceptive use
A4266 Diaphragm for contraceptive use
A4267 Contraceptive supply, condom, male, each
A4268 Contraceptive supply, condom, female, each
A4269 Contraceptive supply, spermicide (e.g., foam, gel), each
J7300 Intrauterine copper contraceptive
J7302 Levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine contraceptive system, 52 mg
J7303 Contraceptive supply, hormone containing vaginal ring, each
J7304 Contraceptive supply, hormone containing patch, each
J7306 Levonorgestrel (contraceptive) implant system, including implants and supplies
S4993 Contraceptive pills for birth control
However, I would check with your insurance companies to see if they even accept the modifier; from what I understand, some states' Medicaid programs require it.
I hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join