The synovectomy and loose body in the medial compartment are inclusive of the meniscetomy. The loose body needs to be larger than 5mm if you want to bill it with a 59. You can bill a chondroplasty of the patella since it was in a different compartment. Unless your local BCBS accepts that G code (Michigan does not). I would try
29877-59 (dx 717.7)
29874-59 (dx 717.6)
Good luck. I usually have to appeal with op note for manual review
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join