First E codes cannot be first listed. Second the code 995.80 is not for suspected domestic abuse, it is a code for specified adverse effects not classified eleswhere and it requires an addition code for any associated injury and an E code for the nature of the abuse and the perpetrator. The E code you have selected is not for alleged or suspected it is to Identify the perpetrator of child and adult abuse. Be careful when using these codes that you do not read into the descriptor words that are not there. If the physician documents that there is a suspician of abuse then you do not have enough to code this. You must then code the symptoms.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join