I just checked three different E&M audit worksheets...all of them have "independent interpretation of image, tracing, specimen" or some variation thereof listed under MDM, extent of data analysis, as 2 points. (The other 2 point item is review of old records or additional history from source other than patient.)
In the ER I code for, the doctors must add a written note (or dictation) that they did their own interpretation, or check off the box on the T-sheet that states they did so. This happens frequently with Imaging - the ER docs will interpret the image themselves, and the radiologists review it later...the patient may be called if something is found by the radiologist that the ER doc did not spot.
Hope that helps...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join