Since the generator was taken out and put back in and was not replaced you cannot bill for the removal of the generator. You can bill for the removal and replacement of the leads. For pacemakers and ICD units, you bill what you put in. If the doctor mentioned use of "fluoroscopy guidance" you can add 71090-26 but it has to be supported in the report.
Here are the codes you can bill.
Add modifier 22 to the procedure that had the complication.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join