(These are my opinions and should not be construed as being the final authority. Other opinions may vary.)
Without knowing the carrier or site of service, I will show you how we are directed to code this in an ASC setting:
27096-[location modifier needed]
Drop the TC (Technical Component) if you are not coding for an ASC. 62311 is the highest paid procedure and should be listed first, but it bundles into 27096 so add the -59 modifier to bypass the NCCI edit. Add the fluoro code for the LESI procedure only if it was fully performed in the Lumbar region (if the LESI procedure had a Sacral component, then code the fluoro only once at the end), then code fluoro for a second time for the SI injection, and add the -59 modifier to indicate that this was in a distinct spinal region.
Richard Mann, your pain management coder
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join