Yes you can --- be careful though
On your first level you bill 800.00 (cms reimb + 515.00)
on second level ...you have to bill as high as the reimbursement rate for you first level, so you have to bill at least 515.00 on the second line even though your reimbursement will on be
515.00 at 50% = 257.50
if you dont bill as high as your first level reimbursement and you only bill 400.00 (half of what you billed for primary level) medicare will reduce your billed amount on the second level by 50% so instead of getting full reimbursement at 50% (275.50)
in this scenario you will get only 200.00 because they cut your billed amount in half
so your billing should like similar to this using the above numbers
64483 rt l3-4 724.2 800.00 allowable 515.00
64484 rt l4-5 724.2 600.00 allowable 515.00 x 50% = 257.50
64484 59-rt l5-s1 724.2 600.00 allowable 515.00 x 50% = 257.50
dont cut yourself short...
Hope this helps...caprice, cpc
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join