Nothing in which you have provided describes recontruction of the septum, so septoplasty is out. The septal fracture is covered by the 21335.
Rhinoplasty 30420, is out because it is covered with the 21335 and from what you provided a full rhinoplasty was not done, just tip work which would lead me to code 30400 but that bundles with 21335.
So for me, billing for an asc, i would have billed on a medicare pt:
30465 (if you bill for physician and this is done unilateral add modifier -52)
21335 FOR ORIF NASOSEPTAL FX
20912 GRAFT TAKEN FROM SEPTUM
30930 FOR OUTFRACTURE OF INFERIOR TURBINATE
30999 FOR REDUCTION OF THE MIDDLE TURBINATE
L8699-GA FOR THE RADIX GRAFT WHICH I ASSUME IS ALLOGENIC
it is very hard to properly justify any of these codes without the actual dictation to prove the work actually done.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join