We have 2 types of pts that get a Bone Mineral Density test - cpt 77078 - the first are people that we are screening for osteoporosis and the second are the people who already have it and we are monitoring it.
Medicare just released some new guidelines for the appropriate diagnosis codes for this, but I'm having a hard time interpreting them. Our hospital says that Medicare requires 2 diag codes and that we can't use Osteoporosis (733.00) and post menopausal (V49.81).
Can someone help? I need to know, specifically, what diag we need to use so that the hospital can bill Medicare and get paid and quit telling our pts that "the way the dr ordered it, Medicare probably won't pay for it."
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join