For Screening, I would use the V82.81 as the Primary Dx, followed by the 733.00 if the results are Osteoporosis. If it is a Screening because the patient is post-menopausal, then I would code the V82.81 and V49.81. What I read is that if you are billing a Screening, you must use the Screening code as well as the reason that Osteoporosis is suspected.
I would also make sure that the Dr. is ordering this as a Screening, I have seen many Dr.s that aren't, which means it cannot be billed as such and then the patient will be billed.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join